Thursday, October 8, 2009

Art in the Park


Art in the Park, the art fair in my neighborhood park (the one I walk around everyday) has come and gone. We once again had a gorgeous day! How many years can we pull this off? I think we had record crowds and I was so busy, even with my friend, Anne, helping that I didn't see most of the people who might have come to see me! We hardly sat down all day. I had some new small items--magnets and Christmas ornaments--and they sold like crazy! But I wasn't sure how well I did because it was $1 here and $5 there.....until I got home, exhausted, but with enough energy to total it up. And it was the best show I've done yet! Selling 200 magnets and 57 ornaments put me over the top, I guess!

The program cover, above, was another of my designs. Not as great as last year's close up lily, but good enough. They didn't put it on T-shirts or coffee mugs though! Below is a picture of my booth. The big frame to the right is all of the magnets---small painted wood tiles with one letter per tile so you can spell anything you want! I also had another new item--letter frames--- in the center of the stand. They sold pretty well too! I will post more on that later--and actually, my April post was about them too.



How about this--posting 2 days in a row! Having it pouring down rain outside kept me from running errands though. Most of them are getting moved to Friday's list cause I hate running around in the rain. I do have to get glass though for a rush name frame order from etsy.

No comments: