Thursday, October 29, 2009

getting started


Woohoo! I got started on the book that I want to do for Alex. Talked to him last night and I am really looking forward to seeing him next week. I just hope I can get this done by Tuesday! I am not hand-lettering the whole book--just parts of each saying and then scanning and assembling it with text. I decided to make it 5 x 5 but with an extra inch for binding. The page shown above, the first one done, is the 5 x 5 page size. I think I am only going to have a saying on one page of a spread--12 in all-- and the facing page will just be background color--probably to match.

It really helped get me working just by cleaning my office/studio! Now I have a clean space to work. After seeing it posted, I think I may need to alter the color of the text....

1 comment:

preeti said...

Hi Kathy . Beautiful work !