Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ornaments galore

A box of "ornaments" waiting to be finished... These are some of my new designs---I think I like the HOHOHO and WISH the best, but who knows what the customer will like, right? I've taken small wooden tiles and glued them together and spray painted them silver. Then I attach the letters and the "jewels" --thats the fun part. These are waiting for the the hanger--which I finally found an easier way to do. Before, I was, believe it or not, poking a hole with a large safety pin. But doing this many ornaments killed my hand so I finally went to Lowes and found a TINY dremel drill bit and it works like a charm! I'm actually looking forward to drilling those tiny holes for the tiny loops. Then the last step is to add Diamond glaze to the top. I love the way it looks---really finishes them off---but too much of that a one time gets my neck and shoulders! Wow, after explaining all of the steps I feel I should be charging more for these!

No comments: