Monday, October 12, 2009

Family letter frames

This is a photo of my family sample of letter frames. Using my last name (because it's short!) and displaying it on a stand that I made/found. That was fun...I found this wood at Lowes back in April and it has a track in it that fits the 1/4" foamcore. But then I accidentally got 3/16" foam and they wouldn't stand up! But I figured out that if I nailed straight nails in I could set the letter on the nails which works pretty well and even gives the 1/4" stability.

But then, in September, when I was getting ready to offer them at Art in the Park, I went to Lowes and they didn't have the boards anymore! Luckily, just this past week I found some and bought a few extra just in case. I have them cut to size and then I prime, paint and polyurethane. Lettering on the side is a bit tricky, but I'll figure a way to make it work. I just like how they look in a stand! But I also like that they fit perfectly above a door frame!

If you want to see your name in letter frames, leave a comment and I will post your name here!

No comments: