Thursday, August 7, 2008

Gilding the lily


Took this photo this morning of a water lily in the park near my house. We are having an art fair here in the fall and I am designing the cover of the program. Really think I have to use this. I just love it! It's God's art in the park.... I may also make cards, notecards and prints from it. Doesn't really go with my Sign Language letters but I'll just have to take a detour.....

Besides finding this photo, I received good news this morning! Somerset Memories called and they are going to use my submission of Marian's Memories–a book of my mom's memories of growing up in St. Louis–as a featured article in their Dec issue! See my July 22 post for a picture of the book. Now I have to write the article explaining the ideas behind it and the techniques I used. This will be my first article so it's pretty exciting.

No comments: