Monday, January 13, 2014

Three Danish writers

This is a piece that I just completed as a gift for a Danish family who will be hosting my youngest son for his semester study abroad program in Copenhagen. I chose 2 quotes by three different Danish writers  and combined them all using my original calligraphy and painted paste paper. The "Living is not enough" and "fairytale" quotes are by Hans Christian Andersen. The "difficult times" and "salt water" quotes are by Isak Dinesen and the "to dare" and "life can only be understood backwards" quotes are by the philosopher Soren Kierkegaard.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out (although like any artist I could point out its faults:). I hope that they like it! We know they speak English very well. Just hope its not weird having artwork in their house that is in English instead of Danish.

No comments: